The new Bing Map look, clearer (less clutter) make it easier to read and locate regions.
- Cool colours visually recede allowing warmer overlays to come forward - An elegant backdrop for information delivery and helps content ‘pop out’ on the map
- Road colour provides greatest differentiation scientifically from red, yellow, green traffic overlays.
- De-saturation on zoom allows more continuous transition to photographic material (Aerial, Birdseye, Streetside) and allows user to focus on street level detail better.
- Designed to work in black and white and to be differentiated by those with the most common forms of colour blindness
- Crisp/easy to read font, larger font corresponds to larger roads
- Lower cognitive load – Less data / clearer details (loads faster)
- Improved international coverage: Data updates deliver improved road and street detail across Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East, Oceania and Asia.
More information and source (including image)